Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Crying Old Lady

Written by: Bryan Hon (Sep 07)
The blazing hot sun gave off its furious blaze of heat as the people suffered over the intense heat. I strode out of the school and took my usual route which lead to a bus-stop. The bus stop was usually deserted but that day was not. There was an old lady, sitting at one of the seats of the bus-stop, facing the floor. I could hear the sniffing from the old lady but was not sure what kind. I took a step nearer to the lady and realized that she was sobbing. I sat beside her and took out a tissue from my pocket which I bought earlier in school. I patted her back and tried to cool her down. Then, I asked her why she was sobbing.

She took a deep breath and started to talk. Her family neglected her as her son found out that she had lost a lot of money by gambling, but even if she was gambling, her son could at least remind or scold her but not let her out in the streets with nothing. I felt anger in my heart and as if I was a hero, I asked her where her son lived. I stomped to his house as if I had lost my mind. Her son’s house was just a few blocks from the bus-stop. I went to the house and knocked on the fine pine door. After a few minutes, the door opened, revealing her son. My head was burning with anger and I spoke words that my mind was throwing at me. As I spoke those words, I had a feeling that I had to end this problem.

After all the speaking, her son still stood there with no response. Suddenly, in a blink of any eye, her son slammed the door as the air gushed in front of my face. I felt that I had failed to help but there was only one option left, bring her to an old folks home. I took her to the nearest old folks home and helped to register her into the old folk’s home. In my heart, I hoped that she would forget those happening and lead a happier life. I came to visit her on weekends and found that she was making friends. I could see that happiness had embraced her heart. One day, she found me loitering around and took me in. she took out a piece of paper from her pocket and started to fold. Not long later, the piece of paper was taking shape, a crane. I felt touched by what she had done. She took the crane and placed it on my palm. Tears fell down my eyes as I was too touched, all I had done changed a person life.
From that day, I promised myself, no matter what happens in my family I must treasure my family and take care of it. Nothing is worth than “LOVE”.

No comments:

Bryan's Blog

Please don't forget to drop your comments.